How can you help seafarers?
"It is more blessed to give than receive" Jesus
It is often the little things that make the biggest impression.
- Bake home-made cookies
- Knit a warm toque (see knitting patterns in the file at the bottom of this page)
- Become a mini-van driver (training provided). This makes a big difference: For example, a captain told his crew they had until 3pm to go ashore and because of the mini-van to transport the crew they could stay ashore until 5:30pm
- Take part in our annual 'Cycle for Seafarers' fundraiser in late August
- Invite the Senior Chaplain to share the story of the seafarer with your church or group.
- Donate items such as toiletries, chocolate, socks, and toques to our 'Christmas at Sea' Appeal each December. The gifts are given to the seafarers on the ships on leading up to and Christmas Eve.
- Tend to the garden at our Waterfront Centre.
- Become a ship visitor (Merchant Navy Welfare Board training provided)
- Become a member for $25 a year and receive 'The FAN' magazine and MtS Vancouver updates.
- Pray for the seafarers and the work of the Mission.
- Make a monetary donation online here on thid site or by cheque or cash and receive a tax receipt.