How can you help seafarers?
"It is more blessed to give than receive" Jesus
It is often the little things that make the biggest impression.
- Bake home-made cookies
- Knit a warm toque (see knitting patterns at the bottom of this page)
- Make a Christmas gift 'Ditty' bag ( see how to at the bottom of this page)
- Become a mini-van driver (training provided). This makes a big difference: For example, a captain told his crew they had until 3pm to go ashore and because of the mini-van to transport the crew they could stay ashore until 5:30pm. 2-3 hrs e.g 5:30-7:30pm
- Take part in our annual 'Cycle for Seafarers' fundraiser every summer the last Saturday of August or sponsor someone.
- Invite the Senior Chaplain to share the story of the seafarer with your church or group.
- Donate items such as toiletries, chocolate, socks, and toques to our 'Christmas at Sea' Appeal each December. The gifts are given to the seafarers on the ships.
- Tend to the garden at our Waterfront Centre.
- Become a ship visitor (Merchant Navy Welfare Board training provided)
- Become a member for $25 a year and receive 'The FAN' magazine and MtS Vancouver updates.
- Pray for the seafarers and the work of the Mission.
- Make a monetary donation online here on this site or by cheque or cash and receive a tax receipt.
- Consider a contribution to our wish list items or towards the maintenance and upkeep of our 2 minivans.