Whether it be local, national or international, the global network of Mission to Seafarers centres (www.missiontoseafarers.org) offer a warm and hospitable “home away from home,” for those who visit the worlds ports. Vancouver and Roberts Bank are no exception, as the Chaplains, Staff and Volunteers offer their best to ensure that the needs of the seafarers are met.
- Senior Port Chaplain for the Mission to Seafarers -Anglican Rev Peter Smyth -email@example.com
- Roman Catholic Church - Chaplains Deacon Dileep Athaide
- The Christian Reformed Church - Chaplain Ernest De Vries
Board of Directors
- President | Bishop - The Right Rev. Melissa Skelton - Diocese of New Westminster
- Chairperson | Capt. Stephen Brown
- Vice-Chair | Capt. Oscar Pinto
- Treasurer | Don MacInnes
- Secretary | James Lawson
- Directors | , Mr. Peter Bernard, Capt. Stephen Brown, Capt. Ray Goode, Mr. Don MacInnes, Capt. Oscar Pinto, Ms. Lori King, Mr. Larry Sawrenko, Yvette Myers
Vancouver & Roberts Bank Staff 'They care for Seafarers'
- Sandhya Conway | Evening Supervisor, Vancouver | Originally from Sri Lanka Sandhya is a dedicated staff member over many years who is there to welcome seafarers.
- Jojie Enriquez | Weekend Receptionist, Vancouver | Tagalog as her first language, Jojie's calm and friendly demeanour is especially well received by our Filipino seafarers.
- Kathryn Murray | Manager for both the Vancouver and Roberts Bank Mission to Seafarers locations. Kathryn has a wealth of experience in serving seafarers and brings that commitment and knowledge to her work at the Mission.
- Kayla Smith -The supervisor at Roberts Bank having worked as a manager and cook in the food industry. Kayla provides a warm welcome and has a good rapport with the seafarers.
- Leanne Dechantal works at both Roberts Bank and Vancouver.
- Julie and Christine also at Robert's Bank
- Chico- Our world famous cat at Roberts Bank, always willing to love a stranger or pose for the camera. Occasionaly brings rabbits to work and loves attention.
- Sailor-Vancouvers mascot of the canine kind. Small and cute. Known to steal teddy bears when the door is left open to the used clothing room.
- Archie is Vancouvers mystery cat. He was a stray that found his way here (with a little help) and he lives in the Church organ!