Whether it be local, national or international, the global network of Mission to Seafarers centres offer a warm and hospitable “home away from home,” for those who visit the worlds ports. Vancouver and Roberts Bank are no exception, as the Chaplains, Staff and Volunteers offer their best to ensure that the needs of the seafarers are met.
- Anglican Church of Canada - The Rev. Nick Parker, Senior Port Chaplain
- Roman Catholic Church - The Rev. Father John Eason
- The Christian Reformed Church - Chaplain Ernest De Vries
Board of Directors
- President | The Rt. Rev. Michael Ingham
- Chairperson | Capt. Bert Bjorndal
- Vice-Chair | Capt. Stephen Brown
- Treasurer | Don MacInnes
- Secretary | Capt. David Batchelor
- Directors | Capt. David Batchelor, Capt. Stephen Brown, Capt. Gordon Houston, Capt. Oscar Pinto, Ms. Lori King, The Rev. Paul Borthistle, Mr. Larry Sawrenko.
Vancouver & Roberts Bank Staff
- The Reverend Nick Parker | Senior Port Chaplain and Reberts Bank, Vancouver | As Head of the Mission, the Senior Port Chaplain liaises with the Board of Directors and the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster. The Reverend Nick Parker took up his position at the Mission on 1st February 2007. The Reverend Nick Parker also heads up the Ecumenical Team of harbour chaplains who visit the ships to minister to the needs spiritual and temporal of visiting sailors. Harbour chaplains at the Mission all visit ships arriving in Vancouver and at Deltaport, and also at Fraser Port. The Senior Port Chaplain represents the Mission to the Port and local Marine Industry and Community, to our support Parishes, to our international Head Office in London England, and to the visiting seafarers through the extensive services ministered by the Mission to Seafarers at both our branches. Nick is married to Sandi and has four teenaged children. He is an avid sailor, cyclist, musician and active sportsman.
- Sandhya Conway | Evening Supervisor, Vancouver | The wonderful warm welcoming face that smiles at you as you enter the Mission in the evening belongs to Sandhya. She is “the face of the Mission” to many seafarers, and the cornerstone of our hospitality service. She also manages the shop, and is responsible for the shop merchandise selection & ordering, pricing and additional accounting duties.
- Robert (Bob) Conway | Van Driver/Janitor, Vancouver | Bob is Sandhya’s husband and is our quiet and dependable driver of the Mission van. He sets out in the evenings to pick up the seafarers from their ships and bring them back to the Mission, plus conveying them safely back to their ships at the end of the evening. Bob is our longest -serving employee at the Mission.
- Jojie Enriquez | Weekend Receptionist, Vancouver | Jojie works on the weekends and is responsible for reception and assisting seafarers. Her warm and caring welcoming is appreciated by our many visiting seafarers. With Tagalog as her first language, Jojie's calm and friendly demeanour is especially well received by our Philippine visitors. Her contribution to the great hospitality service provided at the Mission is enormous.
- Amolakjit Sing | Van Driver/Janitor, Vancouver | Our dependable driver on the weekends for the seafarers, Amol is also greatly appreciated for his courteous and reliable manner in serving our many visitors. Amol is also valued for the care and all the contribution he makes to the efficient running of the Mission on the weekend shifts.
- Barbara Andrew | Bookeeper and Receptionist, Roberts Bank | Barb is the newest Mission employee and comes to us with a wealth of bookeeping experience. Not only is she a whiz with the numbers, but she is also a wonderful host three afternoons/evenings a week at our Roberts Bank facility.
- Sharon Grove | Part-time Receptionist, Roberts Bank | Sharon works relief shifts at Roberts Bank when required, and is then responsible for reception and assisting the seafarers. She plays an important and valued role in training and instructing new staff and volunteers on the systems used at Roberts Bank, and is an active and effective PR person for the Mission at many church events.
- Kathryn Murry | Roberts Bank Manager & Mission Admin Clerk | Kathryn looks after Roberts Bank three days a week and resides at the Vancouver Mission on the other two days. In charge of the daytime running of the centres, she is the friendly and compassionate heart to the seafarers as they engage the Mission.
- Lee-Anne Hemingway/ Our part time Roberts Bank employee also doubles as a Pharmacy Tech at Shoppers Drug Mart. She recently spent 12 years in Mexico teaching English and has had a lot of experience working with the public in grocery chains.
- Kayla Smith/ Our newest and youngest member of the Flying Angel Team at Roberts Bank comes to us after years of working as a manager and cook in the food industry. She is very energetic, caring and quick to jump in and help. Her ability to problem solve is definately an asset.